Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Blog Thoughts

Blogging is hard!  I normally don't have that much to say unless there is a matter of great importance to me, so writing this much on day to day topics (ie, those not assigned by Jamie) is very difficult.  It is good practice, though.  I know that a good way to become a better writer is to write often, so I can definitely see how this would help.  On that note, another good way to become a better writer is to read the work of good writers, and that is exactly what we must do when commenting on each other's blogs!  I must say, this whole blogging thing is a very clever way of assigning a standard homework that isn't as painful as writing papers, and still gets the job done!  

How do the people with those huge blogs that hundreds of people read do it?  I can hardly make myself write a few short entries, and they write essays for pleasure!  They must really have a strong urge to have their voice heard, or just enjoy writing.  Some people just list their personal life story on a webpage for everyone to see.  I don't see the point.  Some things just don't need to be shared.  Well, if they start being stalked by people they've never met but know everything about them, they I guess they were asking for it.  To each his own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with how you shouldn't let everyone know certain things about yourself. Some things should always be kept private.

Taylor Willett said...

Blogging is hard! I usually don't like to talk about myself, and its hard for me to find interesting things to say. One of my friends at home could probably talk for days on end, if given the chance. I doubt blogging would be hard for her. :)