Other times, I find myself with all the time in the world to finish something, so I am able to wait a little while and do something fun. Whether it be hang out with friends, play video games, or sleep, doesn't really matter. Although I have had way more to do in college than I have ever had to do at home, I also have way more free time, which has been really awesome.
One thing that I have found to be true was a quote from my friend Natalie: "In college, they treat you like kids but expect you to take punishment like adults." It does seem to be true. All of our assignments are repeated over and over and over again, drilled into our heads so that we can't forget them. But, if the worst should happen then there often isn't any going back. Some teachers will just up and fail you if something like that happens. I'm not saying it is wrong, I actually think it can be good in many ways. I just find it very interesting.
Another thing that has been polar is the weather. I have a 7:30 class three days a week, and its always so cold in the morning that I can't quite put enough clothes on to stay warm. Then, when 2-3:00 rolls around, I find myself walking around in short sleeves! I'm sure that it will be cold all day long soon, but right now it is really hard to dress for the weather.
Grades also seem rather polar sometimes. I know people who are in the top of their class, and those who are failing out. I'm sure the majority are somewhere in the middle, but it must just be human nature to focus on the extremes. Some people go to class religiously, while other blow it off like it didn't matter at all. What is really weird, is that some of the people who don't go to class actually do well! I don't understand how they do it, nor do I think that they will last in the long run.

No comments:
Post a Comment