Sunday, November 30, 2008

What I Was Voting For

Bear with me here, I seem to take a fairly controversial stance on these things. 

This election has been an interesting one.  I really wasn't able to find what I was looking for in a candidate this election.  I look for strong family values, I am very pro-life.  I do not agree with contraceptives or in-vitro fertilization.  I also do not agree with gay marriage.  Divorce should be nearly impossible to obtain.  I do also look for the ability to lead the nation, but these attributes eclipse the others in my eyes.

I believe that the family is the basic building block for all of society.  If the family disintegrates, then there will be no well-formed children who will grow up into productive individuals, and the entire nation will collapse.  

Before I go further, I will give you my definition of family.  A family is a man and a woman joined in marriage for the purpose of raising children and bringing them and each other to God.

Abortion is not family supportive.  There is no family if there are no children.  I believe that life starts at conception, so it is murderer as well.  Contraception has a similar effect.  In-vitro fertilization allows a woman to have children without being married, which is not a family.  A union between two men or women is not marriage either.  From a purely physical standpoint, it just doesn't work!  There is no way to have children naturally from such a union.  Also, mothers and fathers each contribute different things do the development of a growing child.  Men are typically more physical, and women are more social.  Without that balance, children do not develop properly.  

Even though neither of the candidates held the same moral values as I, one was closer than the other, so I did vote for him.  I will be praying for the president, whether I voted for him or not.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! That's awesome that you are strong in your beliefs. However, what's even MORE commendable is that you will continue to pray for the president whomever he is. I feel often times, we forget that he is still the leader of our nation, we need to support him.