Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cooperation

Before I left for college, my Dad gave me one piece of advice that I am currently finding extremely helpful.  “Cooperation is the key to graduation.”  I am continuously discovering that it is more and more true.  The other night I spent around 2 hours with a couple friends from my Chemistry class working on the current assignment.  Oh, I should probably mention those two hours were from 12:00 – 2:00……  AM……

 

Tuesday night, I realized that I still needed to do my math homework for the following morning.  I got started on it, but wasn’t moving anywhere very quickly, so I sent a quick instant message to a friend in the class to see if I could get some help.  It turned out that he hadn’t done it either, so we met up and shared our brains on the matter.  I think I finished that math homework faster than any other assignment.  We got from start to finish in roughly 45 minutes.  I don’t plan to put it off like that again, but it was a very cool thing. 

 

Having been home schooled, I am used to working just about entirely alone, but the concept of group study really appeals to me.  I have actually been able to enjoy homework and learn in the process.  If anyone who reads this notices that I’m in the same class as you, just let me know when you want to get together to study!

1 comment:

Waffle said...

Interesting, I didn't know you were home schooled. I went to a Catholic school K-8 then a massive public high school. My high school was excellent though lol =]

For myself, I prefer solo study, just because I'm in the mindset that I'll finish sooner. However, my roommate always studies with friends, and has no free time other than that and gets far less sleep than I do. Maybe I'll try some group stuff... I'm kind of an impatient person also, so that may hinder me.. hmm.