Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Broken

My fall break wasn't nearly as relaxing as I had hoped it would be.  I didn't bring any clean clothes home, because it was all dirty in the form of laundry.  The first thing I saw when we drove up was the grass.  It was long.  I was sad.  I also discovered that we were renovating the bathroom at the end of the hall, so the bathroom I used to have almost entirely to myself had been completely taken over by my sisters.  There were other various items that had been deposited in my room which didn't really belong there, so it didn't quite feel like my room anymore.  I did get a good night's sleep, though, and that was a welcome change from the normal college day.
After I got up on Saturday, we started working on the bathroom.  We took out the toilet, because we were replacing the floor.  That was interesting.  I tried to shut the water to the tank off, but it didn't work.  What makes matters worse, the seal between the tank and the bowl broke, so water started leaking everywhere, and we had to clean that up.  Ewwww.....  Long story short, we eventually got it out.  
The rest of my break largely consisted of doing nothing, or getting ready to go back.  I had to go shopping to get a few more college needs.  I got a new pair of shoes for the first time in years.  I didn't realize it until after we bought them, but they are black and gold, so that was an unintended bonus.  
I'm sure this sounds far worse than it actually was.  It was really good to see my family again, and just the change of pace was nice.  I liked going to church at my home parish, and seeing some of my friends that haven't gone to college yet was really nice too.  I had a good break, it just wasn't what I expected it to be.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is it ever? I think simply being home makes it a good break, don't you? I feel like it's forever between the weekends that I get to go home, but then again I know people here who've only gone home once this year (something like that anyway). I don't know how they do it - I miss my family and hometown too much!
Rachel

Waffle said...

I went home over fall break too, but my dad was out of the country so I stayed with my boyfriend or he stayed with me at my dad's. I went to my mom's a couple times, and the bathroom that I (and my siblings) used was half redone. Everything works except the sink lol