Thursday, December 4, 2008

Deck the Halls. Literally!

My RA was the only RA to stay on the guys side of Earhart.  I was happy to discover that he put up Christmas lights all along the ceiling of the entire hall!  I thought that was really cool, because there were absolutely no Halloween decorations on our hall.  No one even drew a ghost on their whiteboards.  Now, everyone is starting to decorate.  Its actually pretty cool.  We've got a few trees, lots of lights, a few snowflake-looking decorations, lights, wrapping paper on the doors, and lots of christmas lights!  

This brings up an interesting topic.  I HATE christmas lights that have been put up before Thanksgiving.  It is just too early!  The Christmas season has been twisted from its original meaning, CHRISTmas.  Jesus' birthday isn't until December 25th!  Why are you putting up lights in November?!?  I guess I wouldn't mind if you put them up early while the weather is warm, but you don't have to plug them in!  Another thing.  As soon as Christmas is over, the tree is next to the curb.  Everything has been taken down even before new years!  The Catholic church celebrates Christmas until January 10th.  Christmas shouldn't be so looked forward to so much that we can't wait until its over.  

1 comment:

Paul said...

I find it necessary to note that most biblical historians usually estimate that Jesus' birthday was likely sometime in April. ;P

...or so I remember. I heard that quite a long time ago.