I have only been playing guitar for about six months, but I have about ten years of piano lessons backing me up, and that really helps. I have been playing mostly acoustic, because that is all I've had access to. I've been playing on my mom's Ibanez from the '70's (I think). It is really nice, but you can't do some things on an acoustic that you can do on an electric. Electric is just fun, and this guitar basically dropped into my lap, so I had to take advantage of it. I'm really looking forward to playing some rockin' awesome stuff.
My roommate also has an electric, and he's really good at playing it, so I'll probably do some jamming with him in the near future. He's actually starting a band here, which is really cool. I don't think I'll be able to get involved, he has everyone lined up and I don't have the time, but it is still cool. The guitar came with a couple songbooks, so I'll probably be learning some stuff from those in what little free time I have.

3 comments:
Ha, my mom has a 70s Ibanez too! Small world?
I've been playing for around 3 1/2 years now, and I generally go with acoustic, though my dad has two electrics that I play once in a while.
I only brought my acoustic up here-- I honestly cannot imagine how you're managing to fit the guitar and amp in a cramped dorm room. It's cramped enough over here with just my guitar/case!
Good luck, thats hard stuff. I want to pick up bass, my brother plays up in Chicago. Nothing feels better than learning that first song.
Guitars are so fun! I have an acoustic at home. It's a really old Martin that my grandpa gave to my dad, then my dad gave to me. I only know how to play a couple chords on it, but I'd like to learn how to play more!
Post a Comment